Meet the POS that's built for the road
Feed crowds faster and stay connected no matter where your next service takes you. Whether you’re in a truck, cart, or trailer, step up to a mobile-friendly POS that won’t slow you down.
Zoom through every line with a system designed for on-the-go service
Compact gear that won’t cramp your style
- Make checkout faster with a guest-facing screen you don’t have to flip.
- Save even more space with ToastGo handhelds that free you up to take orders beyond the truck.
- Paper tickets optional — swap your rail for a KDS so chits don’t get lost, burned, or blown around.
Food truck-friendly ways to order and pay
- QR code ordering lets guests skip the line and pay from their phone.
- Tired of shouting names when orders are up? SMS alerts automatically text guests to grab their food.
- Let guests order ahead to squeeze in quick visits with commission-free online ordering.
- Tap, dip, swipe, Apple Pay, Google Pay — it’s all accepted.
Intuitive menus you’ll pick up fast
- Designed for food service, so you don’t have to find workarounds.
- Easily make mods so guests get exactly what they want.
- Change options or prices from anywhere thanks to cloud-based tech.
Join thousands of food trucks hitting another gear with Toast
From one-person shows to regional fleets, see how mobile eateries like yours are delivering next-level service with Toast.
"[Toast is] broadening our fan base. [With Online Ordering] people don't have 15 minutes to wait when they only have a 30-minute lunch break. Now it takes them two seconds at the truck."
"Toast improves both our guest and employee experience with SMS notifications. I can't describe to you how much of an advantage this give use on the food truck"
"Toast Kitchen Display Screens have been amazing for our food truck and running our main line, enhancing front-to-back communication."
Built 100% for food service, even on wheels
Whether you're catering lunch or slinging tasty bites at your usual spot, you'll feel the difference of a POS designed specifically for serving food.
Food truck tough hardware
- Durable enough to hold up to bumpy roads and everyday drops.
- Spilled drinks and grease splatters won’t get through spill proof construction.
- Heat-resistant hardware doesn’t give out in the kitchen or the hot sun.
24/7 support from food service pros
- Unpredictable hours? No problem — live support is always a phone call away.
- 70% of Toast employees have food service experience, so you’ll talk to people who speak your language.
- Find answers fast in Toast Central when you’re too busy to chat.
Reliable wifi when you’re on the move
- Process payments without relying on spotty cell phone service.
- Power outage? Offline Mode lets you keep accepting cards without missing a beat.
Keep overhead low with food truck-friendly plans
Quick Start Bundle
For trucks, trailers, or carts looking to get up and running quickly with a simple setup.
- Toast Flex POS terminal w/ guest-facing screen + cloud-based POS software.
- Toast Tap payment device + router.
- Free setup support from food truck specialists.
- Customize your kit with optional add-ons.
For mobile businesses looking to ramp up growth and simplify operations with an all-in-one POS platform.
- Custom POS hardware setup + cloud-based POS software.
- Online ordering, QR code ordering, and SMS alerts.
- Payroll, scheduling, and marketing add-ons.
- And more.
Everything your truck needs now and down the road
Toast has pretty much everything else you’ll need (when the time comes) — so you can keep operations simple and vendors to a minimum.
Toast Go® 2
Take orders and payments from anywhere in the restaurant. The powerful POS that fits in the palm of your hand.
Toast Flex for Guest
Improve order accuracy and increase tips by giving guests visibility and prompts before their order is fired to the kitchen.
A seamless self-ordering experience that busts the line for you and texts guests when their order's ready. No old school buzzer needed.
Grow your business online while owning your profits and guest relationships with commission-free online ordering.
Mobile Order & Pay
Help reduce wait times with a QR code guests can scan to order and pay.
Turn first timers into regulars with an easy-to-use and fully integrated digital loyalty program.
Toast Payroll & Team Management
Speed up employee onboarding, and ensure your team is paid on time.
Kitchen Display System
Eliminate bottlenecks by connecting your FOH and BOH. Automatically route orders to the right station and send notifications when food is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions
Toast is built specifically for restaurants, including food trucks, trailers, and carts. Toast POS was ranked in 2023 as G2's leading restaurant point of sale .
Yes — you can access in-depth reports on sales, labor, customers, and much more from anywhere.
Food trucks in particular love the Toast Flex terminal and Toast Go handhelds for fast checkout and saving space. Mobile Order and Pay is also popular with trucks that want to let guests order and pay via QR code.
For trucks that offer catering, Toast has an entire suite of event-based ordering and invoicing tools to simplify that side of your business.
Loyalty, email marketing, and online ordering are great ways for your truck to attract more business and broaden your fanbase.
Yes, there are specific plans and pricing options available for new trucks. Talk to one of our Food Truck Specialists to get the details.
Get a free demo from our team of Food Truck Specialists
We’ll reach out within 24 hours to book time to chat.
1 Over 50% of Toast Payroll & Team Management customers process payroll in 30 minutes or less. Results may vary.
2 Disclosure: Toast has a direct relationship with G2 involving incentivizing reviews.