TORONTO—Toast (NYSE: TOST), the all-in-one digital platform built for restaurants, today announced its next phase of growth in Canada. Canadian restaurants will now be able to benefit from Toast’s platform, which seamlessly connects a restaurant’s entire operations from front of house to back of house, from payments to partner integrations. Canada is the first market outside of the US where Toast’s technology will be available to the restaurant industry. Availability may vary by Province. In the U.S. approximately 79,000 restaurant locations use the Toast platform.
“After a year of working hand in hand with early customers to understand their needs, iterating on our product, and refining our support capabilities, today is an exciting day for Toast as we formally launch in Canada,” said Jen DiRico, Senior Vice President & General Manager of Toast International. “Technology has proliferated in Canada’s restaurant industry—but ‘more’ does not equal ‘better.’ We see a clear opportunity for Toast’s all-in-one platform to help Canadian restaurants simplify their operations and thrive.”
Gusto 54 Restaurant Group Partners with Toast
Toast is already trusted by a number of well-known Canadian restaurant partners, including Gusto 54 Restaurant Group. The popular restaurant brand credits use of the Toast platform, including Toast handheld mobile POS devices, to helping orders arrive at tables faster and more smoothly.
“We’ve found an incredible number of efficiencies since introducing Toast’s digital platform,” said Tyler Rutherford, Director of Operations & Culture, Gusto 54 Restaurant Group. “Having the technology to take orders at the table that goes directly to the kitchen is such a game-changer. Servers are spending more time with guests, which drives additional orders, and we’re turning tables over more quickly. Every efficiency counts, and every extra gratuity makes our staff more likely to stay. With Toast, there’s finally a solution that addresses all of a restaurant’s needs.”
All-in-One Technology Designed for Restaurants
Toast’s all-in-one product suite is designed to help restaurants thrive by providing technology focused on streamlining operations, growing revenue, empowering staff, and improving the bottom line. Using Toast’s platform, Canadian restaurants where the technology is being made available can benefit from:
- Point of Sale (POS), Software, and Payments Together: By integrating POS, software, and payments in one, Toast provides enhanced customer service compared to the traditional model of non-integrated or semi-integrated payments. Toast’s platform also offers a more seamless payment experience for both guests and staff, with reliable, accurate, and automated payment reconciliation.
- Toast Go™ Handheld Mobile POS Devices: Toast handhelds put the power of a POS in the palm of a server’s hand, allowing servers to fire orders directly from the table to increase throughput and order accuracy, all while being more efficient to cover more tables during a typical shift by eliminating the trips back and forth to a central POS terminal.
- Kitchen Display Systems (KDS): Toast KDS helps increase kitchen efficiency and productivity by: converting legacy paper tickets into digital tickets that won’t get lost; allowing for more clearly visible modifiers or changes; and helping improve communication between front and back of house. Toast KDS also provides valuable productivity metrics into item-level prep times to identify and improve bottlenecks in the back of house.
- Robust Cloud-Based Reporting: Easy to use, fast reporting from Toast allows operators to keep tabs on their business from anywhere, with real-time restaurant specific reports across sales, labour, product mix, and beyond, across one location or many.
- Growing Partner Ecosystem: Toast is rapidly expanding its international partner ecosystem of robust integrations with best-in-class technology providers across reservations, inventory, labour management, online ordering and delivery, loyalty, guest engagement, and more.
- Local Service and Support: From onsite installation and training, to 24/7/365 award winning customer support, Toast offers local service and support that's tailor built for the demanding needs of the fast-paced restaurant industry.
Toast is showcasing its all-in-one digital platform at the Restaurant Canada (RC) Show from Monday, April 10 to Wednesday, April 12 at the Enercare Centre. Visit booth 941 to learn more and demo the restaurant-first all-in-one digital platform.