DUBLIN—Toast (NYSE: TOST), the all-in-one digital platform built for restaurants, today announced that its technology is now generally available in Ireland. Toast customers in Ireland will be able to benefit from a range of technology to help them seamlessly connect their entire business operations covering front of house, kitchen, payments, and restaurant partner integrations, alongside access to a customer services and sales team based in Dublin.
“This announcement signals our intent to continue investing in our presence in Ireland, a country that we’ve been proud to call our first European home, since 2017,” said Jen DiRico, Senior Vice President & General Manager of International, Toast. “For the last six years, we’ve been growing our team of customer service, technology, and restaurant experts right here in Ireland, preparing for today’s exciting announcement. In that time we’ve worked with many leading Irish hospitality businesses to understand how we can help similar restaurants in Ireland improve service, support staff, cut costs, and increase efficiencies through our technology.”
“Today, we’re thrilled to announce that our technology, built for restaurants by restaurant people, is formally rolling out across Ireland. This announcement marks an important milestone for Toast as we bring our platform, trusted by approximately 79,000 restaurant locations in the U.S., to restaurants across Ireland,” DiRico continued.
BANG Restaurant Partners with Toast
Toast’s Ireland team has been working with select hospitality businesses, including BANG restaurant and wine bar in Dublin, to custom build its technology to meet the unique needs of Irish restaurants.
“Since integrating Toast into our restaurant, we’ve seen the overall efficiency of the business improve and it’s a much easier place to run. By implementing tableside ordering with Toast handhelds alongside a kitchen display system (KDS), BANG has seen ticket turn time improve, meaning the dishes are coming out faster because the orders are going in faster,” said Joe Barrett, Owner of BANG restaurant and wine bar, Dublin. “The system has not only improved the front-of-house operations, but it’s… eliminated many hours a week in terms of admin work. Their on-the-ground support team is incredible, and Toast completely understands every aspect of the restaurant business and how to help.”
All-in-One Technology Tailored for Irish Restaurants
Toast’s all-in-one product suite has been tailored to help Irish restaurants thrive by providing technology focused on streamlining operations, growing revenue, empowering staff, and improving the bottom line. Using Toast’s platform, restaurants in Ireland can benefit from:
- Point of Sale (POS), Software, and Payments Together: By integrating POS, software, and payments in one, Toast provides enhanced customer service compared to the traditional model of non-integrated or semi-integrated payments. Toast’s platform also offers a seamless payment experience for both guests and staff, with reliable, accurate, and automated payment reconciliation.
- Toast Go™ Handheld Mobile POS Devices: Toast handhelds put the power of a POS in the palm of a server’s hand, allowing servers to fire orders directly from the table to increase throughput and order accuracy, all while allowing for greater efficiency, to cover more tables during a typical shift by eliminating the trips back and forth to a central POS terminal.
- Kitchen Display Systems (KDS): Toast KDS increase kitchen efficiency and productivity by converting legacy paper tickets into digital tickets that won’t get lost; allowing for more clearly visible modifiers or changes; and helping improve communication between front and back of house. Toast KDS also provides valuable productivity metrics into item-level prep times to identify and improve bottlenecks in the kitchen.
- Robust Cloud-Based Reporting: Easy to use, fast reporting from Toast allows operators to keep tabs on their business from anywhere, with real-time restaurant specific reports across sales, labour, product mix, and beyond, across one location or many.
- Growing Partner Ecosystem: Toast is rapidly expanding its international partner ecosystem of robust integrations with best-in-class technology providers across reservations, inventory, labour management, online ordering and delivery, loyalty, guest engagement, and more.
- Ireland-based Service and Support: From onsite installation and training to 24/7/365 award-winning customer support, Toast offers local service and support that's custom built for the demanding needs of the fast-paced hospitality industry.
Toast established its European presence in 2017 with the opening of its first Dublin office, an R&D Centre of Excellence. Toast has since added functions in Ireland, including sales, marketing, and customer support in the last year and moved to a larger location in Dublin’s St Stephen’s Green in 2022.